Warning of telecom fraud
Dear CMLink users,
CMLink has recently received phone calls reporting telephone fraud, in which scammers displayed their phone numbers as the Chinese Embassy and fabricated kidnappings or accidents, notification of letters or parcels, notification of expiration of passports or other documents.
We have repeatedly issued warnings against such telecom fraud cases, and have reported such cases to the police.
CMLink would like to once again remind that if anyone receives a suspected fraudulent call, do not get into deal with wired money, do not give any financial/personal information, please hang up immediately for self-protection. Please also be advised to contact the related authorities, e.g. Chinese Embassy or official customer service line of delivery company to verify the situation if it is deemed necessary.
- UK emergency number: 999 (non-emergency number for the policy:101)
- Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: +44-20-74368294
- Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Manchester: +44-161-2248986
- Chinese Consulate-General in Edinburgh: +44-131-3374449
- Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Belfast: +44-7895306461
It is appreciated if you can provide any leads to fraudsters via CMLink’s website or helpline. In the unfortunate event of falling victim to such scams, please report the case to the local police immediately. CMLink would work closely with the authorities to minimize your loss.